Working Groups: Creative Leisure & Learning
This group’s activities are based on our members’ experiences and interests – creative, social, mental and physical – which we believe can contribute to the wellbeing of all older people.
Are you interested in ensuring that older people in Newcastle:
• Have something interesting and stimulating to do? – a continuing hobby or craft, a chosen study or a physical activity?
• Take on a new challenge that will take people out of themselves and perhaps discover new talents they didn’t know they had?
• Have opportunities to work with others on these, making friends and enjoying their company?
• Contribute to joint efforts and get something back in return.
Our aim is to promote activities which will offer these kinds of fulfilling experiences to the wider community of older people by:
• Keeping a constant watch on what is offered by local agencies in the city, looking at range, costs, suitability of venues etc.
• Establishing contacts with all relevant bodies to increase what’s available
• Offering advice to providers through local, regional and national conferences and consultations
• Developing links with local libraries, theatres, art galleries, museums – and anyone else who can help
• Initiating our own projects e.g. exhibitions, publications, activity days – and possibly things we haven’t thought of yet but you might!
To find out dates of future meetings, ring 233 0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Click here for more working groups